Aussie producer, What So Not (real name, Chris Emerson) former record producer with Flume is about to drop his sizzling debut album ‘Not All Beautiful Things’.
Already known for some A-list bangers and remixes like ‘High You Are’, ‘Gemini’ and ‘Divide and Conquer’ to name a limited few.
The album is set to drop March 9 and features a healthy range of collaborations with Skrillex, Slumberjack, Toto and San Holo, to name a very few.
Emerson gave fans a taste of what to expect by releasing one of the tracks from the new album, ‘Stuck In Orbit’ featuring vocals from Sydney musician, BUOY.
Apparently the tune was birthed during a jam session with Jono Ma from Jagwar Ma, and later expanded to a whole new level when BUOY was added into the mix.
“The vocals began as a sketch of ad-libs from BUOY with only two words, drawn out across the verse, ‘I ov-er comp-en-sate’,” Emerson told Music Feeds.
“That set the entire tone for the entire piece; each word delivered with much thought and consideration.”
Take a peek at the full track list below:
- What So Not & SLUMBERJACK – Warlord
- What So Not – Be Ok Again(feat. Daniel Johns)
- What So Not – Beautiful (feat. Winona Oak)
- What So Not – Stuck In Orbit(feat. BUOY)
- What So Not & James Earl – Demons (feat. Rome Fortune & Tommy Swisher)
- What So Not & Skrillex – Goh (feat. KLP)
- What So Not & Toto – We Keep On Running
- What So Not & San Holo – If You Only Knew (feat. Daniel Johns)
- What So Not – Monsters (feat. Michael Christmas & tobi lou)
- What So Not & Dyro – Bottom End
- What So Not – Same Mistakes (feat. Daniel Johns)
- What So Not – Us (feat. Daniels)